Lunch/ Dinner- Alexsandra's Chinese Poached Chicken
What you need:
Low salt chicken stock
1 Knob ginger
2 Garlic cloves crushed
3 sprigs spring onion
1 long red chilli
1 tbspn soy sauce
- Put chicken stock into a saucepan- enough to cover the chicken, add in the sliced ginger, garlic 1/2 chilli and 2 spring onion stalks.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes to infuse, add chicken and soy sauce and put down to a very low simmer.
- Once the chicken has cooked the whole way through strain the broth and
- put broth into a serving bowl. Rest the chicken for 5 minutes.
- Slice the chicken and place into the broth, top with the rest of the chilli and spring onion.
To make your own chicken stock:
- Place a large saucepan on boil and put in a whole chicken, carrots, celery, onion, garlic and herbs of your choice.
- Skim the top when impurities arise.
- Boil for 1-2 hours, depending how big the pot is.