Snack- Finnish/Swedish Gluten-Free Crisp Bread
Why this as a snack: This snack is delicious and will supply your body with many essential nutrients. Seeds have a high content of minerals, vitamins and abundance in essential fatty acids. They are often high in fiber and can aid in weight loss, (READ MORE HERE). Corn flour is a helthy choice for your digestive system and is high in nutritional components such vitamin A, magnesium and iron.
These crispy, thin pieces of seeds are high in calories so keep the portion size in mind when snacking on them.This recipe makes 20 servings
What you Need:
1 cup (128 g) Corn Flour, gluten free
1/3 cup Sunflower seeds
1/4 cup Flaxseeds
1/4 cup Sesame seeds
1/4 cup Pumpkin seeds
1 cup hot/boiling water
1/4 cup coconut oil in liquid form (heat up)
Sea Salt flakes
What To Do
- Preheat your oven to 150°C degrees.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the hot water and the coconut oil and and mix to a dough.
- Place the dough onto an oven tray and press the dough with a plastic bag on your hand to a thin layer covering the tray
- Sprinkle with sea salt flakes and press the salt gently into the thin dough with your hands
- Cut into pieces with a knife and pthen place in oven for about 1 hour.
- Let cool and enjoy!
This is one of those recipes that gets passed on from one to another. My mum once made them for me, and I coud not resist to get the recipe and have made it myself now and then ever since. See 'Glutenfria muminmammans' blog for more gluten free recipes!
Nutritional Information for 1 serving (recipe makes 20)
Fats- 5.9 g
Total carbohydrates- 7.8 g
Protein- 1.4 g