Lime Protein Balls
HERO Ingredient: Vegan Protein (Vanilla) from Body Science Naturals Range
Lime Protein Balls – Tastes Like Lemon Pie!
Serves: Makes 24 balls (they freeze really well too)!
- 1 and ½ cups of almond meal (same as almond flour)
- 3 scoops of Vanilla Vegan Protein powder
- ½ cup of desiccated coconut
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- Juice of 2 limes, zest of one lime
- Seeds of one vanilla pod or ½ a teaspoon of the powdered jazz
- ½ a cup of melted coconut oil
- Pinch of Himalayan crystal salt
- 1 cup of shredded (or desiccated) coconut for rolling
Method: It’s such a walk in the park, pop all your ingredients into the blender, and then when it’s all mixed together, spoon the mixture out and roll into little balls. Next roll in the shredded coconut and pop them in the fridge for about 20 minutes to firm up. Keep stored in the fridge.
TIP: Ball rolling is much easier with slightly damp hands.
This recipe is thanks to Lola Berry and Body Science!! - www.bodyscience.com.au