L-GLUTAMINE: SO MUCH MORE THAN JUST A SUPPLEMENT FOR LEAN MUSCLE MASS & FAT LOSS
I've been getting a lot of questions lately on what L-Glutamine is and what it good for. You may have noticed that many fitness fanatics seems to be taking it to help them get great results such as maintain and build muscle mass and lose fat- but what is L-Glutamine really and what does it do?
What is L-Glutamine
L-Glutamine is an essential amino acid that your body needs in large amounts. It’s “conditionally essential” as it’s so abundant in the bloodstream and makes over 30% if nitrogen in your blood. Amino acids are compound that build up your muscle, and many people supplement it to aid in fat loss and building lean muscle mass- but L-Glutamine also have several other important health benefits.
Health benefit of L-Glutamine
- L-Glutamine promotes protein synthesis- in other words, aid you with building muscle mass, burn fat and also helps with muscle recovery and increase athletic performance by increased fluid and electrolyte uptake.
- L-Glutamine is important for gut health and digestion as t’s needed for repairing and rebuilding the intestine and help with healthy bowel movements as it balances mucus production.
- Can help those with leaky gut syndrome as it’s acts like a Band-Aid on the gut wall
- Help curb sugar cravings- see more on decreasing sugar cravings in my blog post: CLICK HERE
- Improves detoxification and metabolism
- Helps with memory, focus ad concentration as it’s an essential neurotransmitter in the brain
- Can help fight cancer
- Has been found to help regulate blood sugar levels and help with diabetes
What foods can you obtain L-Glutamine from?
L-Glutamine is found in protein-rich foods like beef, chicken, fish, eggs, vegetables protein sources like beans, spinach, beets etc. and fermented foods.
Why supplement L-Glutamine
Consider using a glutamine supplement in the morning or as part of your post-workout shake to help you reach your health and fitness goals. Use dosage as directed on the label, or as prescribed by your doctor. Over dosing is not expected to produce life-threatening symptoms.
Where I get my sports supplements from to supplement my healthy, active lifestyle: www.womensbest.com.au