Chia pudding makes the perfect healthy snack and also serves well as breakfast or a healthy dessert. Chia seeds are loaded with omega 3 fatty acids, protein, antioxidants and fiber. This recipe is super quick and easy to do- I started to flavour it with my favourite teas to add in some taste and it's so delicious that I keep on making batches for me and my partner.
Makes 4 servings
2 cups of oat milk (I use a Barista option for a thicker consistency, but use whatever milk or milk alternative you enjoy)
12 teaspoons of Chia Seeds
Chai Tea bag
Roibos Tea bag
Vanilla extract (optional)
Stevia (or sweetener of choice)
For the topping:
Greek yogurt (or yogurt of choice)
Berries/ nuts/ cranberries to top
1. Pour your milk/milk alternative into a large bowl and insert your tea bags. Place in microwave (or you may use a stove) to allow the tea to flavour your milk.
2. Remove tea bags when you have flavoured your milk and add stevia (sweetener your choice) and a few drops of vanilla extract. Taste to check if you are happy with the flavour.
3. Pour in Chia seeds (3 teaspoons per serving is what I use but you may want to adjust to suit a thickness level you enjoy). Stir until the seeds are evenly distributed in your flavoured milk.
4. Let the mixture sit for a while before storing once again before pouring it into 4 serving cups.
5. Place in fridge for 5 or more hours (I usually leave it overnight) before adding your toppings.
6. I enjoy topping my chia pudding with Greek yogurt, berries and almonds. Enjoy!
I hope you enjoy my little recipe invention as much as I do!
Bon apetit, Camilla