Gut health, fat loss and stabilised blood sugar levels are some of benefits of apple cider vinegar- lets look further into how apple cider vinegar can benefit your health!
My morning routine starts with one tablespoon of apple cider a big glass of water and some added squeezed lemon juice. When posting about my routine on Instagram @camilla_akerberg, many questions were raised about what the benefits are of having apple cider vinegar. The positives are quite extensive, if you are not already- you should make it part of your daily routine. Here are some of the benefits apple cider vinegar can bring you:
1. Apple cider vinegar has been found to improve insulin sensitivity, lower your blood sugar levels and help fight type 2 diabetes.
2. Apple cider vinegar can help with fat loss.
3. Apple cider vinegar helps lowers cholesterol and improves heart health.
4. Apple cider vinegar may decrease risk of cancer.
5. Apple cider vinegar can improve your gut health and help with health problems like leaky gut syndrome
What else apple cider vinegar can be used for:
- The main substance in vinegar, acetic acid, can kill harmful bacteria or prevent them from multiplying. Vinegar has traditionally been used for cleaning and disinfecting scars and infections, help with nail fungus, lice, warts and ear infections.
- Vinegar has also been used as a food preservative, so if you're looking for a natural way to preserve your food, then apple cider vinegar could be highly useful.
What apple cider vinegar to use:
Choose an organic brand, unfiltered apple cider vinegar with the "mother” apple added.
Apple cider vinegar has many health benefits- including gut health related ones, fat loss and stabilising blood sugar levels. Try adding a tablespoon of it to a large glass of water with lemon juice in the morning, mix it in to a large water bottle and sip on throughout the day, have it with your high carb meals to help you feel fuller or use it as a salad dressing!